I.T. Project Manager, Systems Analyst and PC/Network Administrator
Address: 3 Midland Farm, St Lawrence, Jersey JE3 1NN
Mobile: 07797 734681
I was born in Jersey and I am a multi-tasking, highly-organised, passionate advocate of I.T. I enjoy project work as well as technical analysis and problem-solving. I worked for 17 years in the Finance Industry and then a further 17 years running my own I.T. business in the Island.
St Michael’s Prep School (1973-1983)
Blundell’s School (1983-1988)
Highlands College (1989-1990)
– 7 ‘O’ Levels and 2 ‘A’ Levels
– 1-year BTec in Computing/Business
Microsoft Server & Active Directory
EtherNet and associated hardware
Waterfall & Agile project management
Microsoft Outlook/Exchange server
Self-Employed I.T. Business (October 2005 – March 2023)
After 17 years in the Finance Industry, I set up my own I.T. business in 2005. This was active for a further 17 years and involved solving a wide array of problems for all of my clients as well as running many projects for various small businesses.
MRI/IFM (March 2001 – December 2004)
This role was as I.T. Manager and was an expansion of my previous role at KPMG. I was solely responsible for the support of 90 users and all I.T. project work. In addition to the standard support duties, I implemented a series of projects including:
– The design, installation, configuration and testing of a dual premises network converging 3 offices into 2 locations
– Preparing of Board Reports and creation and negotiation of an annual I.T. Budget of approximately £250,000 p.a.
– Instigating an I.T. User Group where users could request projects that would improve their workflow
– Running regular security and risk analysis reviews
– Creating and maintaining of a Computer Usage Policy
– Disaster Recovery planning including offsite office space
– Remote access for employees
– Creating an online I.T. Manual for easy reference
– Programming an automated inventory system for all PCs
– Creating and maintaining an office-wide intranet
KPMG (March 1999 – February 2001)
This role was as Assistant I.T. Manager and I was initially involved in a wide range of tasks including project management, user support and network administration. I also trained the I.T. Junior to provide first-level support to users and I gradually delegated more tasks to them over time.
In 2000, KPMG’s trust company (Orbis) was acquired by DKB and I was tasked with ensuring a smooth transition from the KPMG network to an entirely separate network in the same building. Essentially, this involved setting up a new network and servers from scratch and liaising with the I.T. employees in the Guernsey Orbis office as both premises’ networks were linked.